Polyolefin Shrink Film
Polyolefin Shrink Film is an extremely durable and versatile 'premium' shrink film. It has taken the place of PVC in many applications and is also an FDA-approved food-safe material. Polyolefin materials are available with different characteristics, including a cross-linked film that provides high-tensile strength and incredible clarity for high-speed packaging applications. The cross-linked film also prevents buildup on sealing components of machinery.
With added strength, the ability to create longer rolls of film with thinner gauges available that allow for less roll change-over and increased efficiency and productivity. Polyolefin shrink film has excellent puncture-resistance and seal-strength, allowing for irregular-shaped items to have excellent protection throughout its supply chain life-cycle.
The versatility and fairly low-cost that POF offers for multiple machines and packaging forms make it a go-to form of protective packaging for products of any size. In some instances, POF will need perforations added to the film; tiny holes added to the film before application which allow air to escape during the shrinking process for a smooth package. Pre-perforated shrink film is available by many suppliers for this reason.
Fast Facts About POF Shrink Film
- Premium quality shrink film, high-clarity, decorative shrink wrap.
- Made of 100% recyclable materials.
- Excellent clarity and glossy shelf appearance; great for consumer products where appearance is critical (toys, games, candies, books, foods, most retail items).
- Ability to shrink quickly and completely (shrinks when heated resulting in a finished good as soon as it comes out of the shrink tunnel).
- Durable, versatile, low cost.
- Excellent for bundling multiple items together, like tissue boxes for example.
- Cross-linked POF is great for high-speed applications, providing added strength without compromising clarity and prevents build-up on sealing components.
- FDA approved for food contact.
- Excellent tensile-strength and propagation-to-tear.
- Pre-perforated POF is available and allows for even shrink surface, no air pockets.
Cross Linking Technology
The innovative technique of cross-linking’ yields highly durable and versatile Shrink Films due to the permanent and stable bonds created between the polymer chains ensuring complete protection of the various products.